A concrete boundary separating the sea from the land, yet connecting the inhabitants to both and also each other.
Fourteen uninterrupted miles of sea defence built after the Great Flood of 1953.
Canvey Island’s coat of arms bears the motto Ex Mare Dei Gratia;
From the sea by the Grace of God.
The Wall is now blue: subdued at least by a rolling sea fret.
It must be in response to Casagemas death!